The majority of homeowners do not give much thought to the parts of a refrigerator unless it stops running, or it comes time to buy a new model. To guarantee you get the most use possible from this invaluable appliance it can be very nice to know how a refrigerator keeps food cool—and EZ Whittier Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to learn what you need to know concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the time to reach out to refrigerator repair Whittier.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many houses that do not have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a standard appliance for several years. A refrigerator will store food at the optimal temperature, in order to stop spoiling and slow down harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from inside of the appliance to the outside, using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call EZ Whittier Appliance Repair:
The compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
The compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is attached on the rear outside wall of the refrigerator and will help to release the warmth collected inside the refrigerator out in the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is stored on the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs the warmth trapped within it, effectively reducing the temperature inside.
Right when the evaporator isn’t working, it is time to hire a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is carried within a capillary tube which acts as an expansion device to cool the gas, turning the gas back into liquid.
A thermostat helps regulate the temperature inside the refrigerator, engaging a new cooling period when needed.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Whittier for service right after a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature inside a refrigerator goes above the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the cooling cycle begins. The unit attracts the cool liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses it, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor directs the hot gas in the direction of the condenser coils on the exterior of the refrigerator, where it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the room and returns back to a liquid state.
3. The cool liquified gas continues its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the many coils in the inside of the refrigerator and freezer.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the heated air from within the appliance, reducing the temperature until it has reached the optimal final point.
5. The coolant then evaporates, and will turn back into a gas, and returns to the compressor to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is used in a number of applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting warmth from a single location and then relocating it to another the cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your house, provides a optimal environment for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule service with EZ Whittier Appliance Repair.
EZ Whittier Appliance Repair can fix most common brands of refrigerators – includes restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced technicians in Whittier are trained to repair and troubleshoot cooling issues, ice makers, condensation problems, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, digital controls, smart synchronization and numerous other issues. We everything about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working